Posts tagged LOL
“ They could have got six years,”
but they weren’t pirating music.
How to work like a writer
1. Ignore deadlines.
2. Take criticism badly.
3. Burn bridges.
4. Hate yourself.
5. Trust no one (especially not yourself).
6. Sabotage all of your personal relationships.
7. Drink heavily.
You might not get a lot of respect as a writer, but the crippling self-doubt and soul-crushing poverty make it all worth it.
I found him, this time, squatting between two vicious-looking drum machines I hadn’t seen before, rusty spider arms folded at the hearts of dented constellations of steel cans fished out of Richmond dumpsters. He never calls the place a studio, never refers to himself as an artist.
“Messing around,” he calls what he does there, and seems to view it as some extension of boyhood’s perfectly bored backyard afternoons. He wanders through his jammed, littered space, a kind of minihangar cobbled to the water side of the Market, followed by the smarter and more agile of his creations, like some vaguely benign Satan bent on the elaboration of still stranger processes in his ongoing Inferno of gomi. I’ve seen Rubin program his constructions to identify and verbally abuse pedestrians wearing garments by a given season’s hot designer; others attend to more obscure missions, and a few seem constructed solely to deconstruct themselves with as much attendant noise as possible. He’s like a child, Rubin; he’s also worth a lot of money in galleries in Tokyo and Paris.
William Gibson, “The Winter Market”
This passage is a pretty good summation of what I hope to achieve with my life.
if i ever start a band i’m going to name it “music” and then it will be literally impossible to find any of our songs on the internet
the first album : “Unknown album”
the hit single: “track 1”
you’re all satan
A special thanks to Newmerica (http://newmerica.tv), the creative video agency that collaborated with us to produce this video, Troy Sanders, Mastodon, Colin Miles, Darren Sanders, The Loft Atlanta, Criminal Records, and Bear the Dog. Music by The N.E.C. (http://www.facebook.com/pages/NEC/20167392152) and Rump Posse (http://www.rumpposse.com/).
Orange Amplifiers and Mastodon. Excellent.
- POWER METAL: The protagonist arrives riding a white unicorn, escapes from the dragon, saves the princess and makes love to her in an enchanted forest.
- THRASH METAL: The protagonist arrives, fights the dragon, saves the princess and fucks her.
- HEAVY METAL: The protagonist arrives on a Harley, kills the dragon, drinks a few beers and fucks the princess.
- FOLK METAL: The protagonist arrives with some friends playing accordions, violins, flutes and many more weird instruments, the dragon falls asleep (because of all the dancing). Then all leave........ without the princess.
- VIKING METAL: The protagonist arrives in a ship, kills the dragon with his mighty axe, skins the dragon and eats it, rapes the princess to death, steals her belongings and burns the castle before leaving.
- DEATH METAL: The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon, fucks the princess and kills her, then leaves.
- BLACK METAL: The protagonist IS the dragon, dwells in the heart of the night with in a castle full of hellhounds and eternal flames. He kills the sassy knight, fucks the noble steed and sacrifices the princess to Satan.
- GORE METAL: The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon and spreads his guts in front of the castle, fucks the princess and kills her. Then he fucks the dead body again, slashes her belly and eats her guts. Then he fucks the carcass for the third time, burns the corpse and fucks it for the last time.
- DOOM METAL: The protagonist arrives, sees the size of the dragon and thinks he could never beat him, then he gets depressed and commits suicide. The dragon eats his body and the princess as dessert. That's the end of the sad story.
- PROGRESSIVE METAL: The protagonist arrives with a guitar and plays a solo of 26 minutes. The dragon kills himself out of boredom. The protagonist arrives to the princess' bedroom, plays another solo with all the techniques and tunes he learned in the last year of the conservatory. The princess escapes looking for the 'HEAVY METAL' protagonist.
- GLAM METAL: The protagonist arrives, the dragon laughs at the guy's appearance and lets him enter. He steals the princess' make up and tries to paint the castle in a beautiful pink colour.
- NU METAL: The protagonist arrives in a run down Honda Civic and attempts to fight the dragon but he burns to death when his moronic baggy clothes catch fire.
One master print on 45, played through cheap-shit ceramic needle record player, and rerecorded in high-quality digital
Release commercial master to modern formats with the desired sound.
Look at that, the sound you want without forcing “fans” to find 1950s record players!
Hipsters gonna hip, I guess.
For a picosecond in 2062, music composing AIs set to style “hardcore punk” will market to a small niche of consumers (“retro audiophiles”). These AIs float the totally groovy idea of using iPod earbuds circa 2012 (extremely rare, but it’s what Americans and “99%ers” used back then) to listen to their audio streams. This raises awareness of what those poor bastards had to put up with before FTL directional narrowcasting or neural inputs were invented, and the Hive Mind is enlightened.